Wick Hall - Welcome and Access Fundraising Campaign
02 August 2021 08:29
Having totally refurbished the inside of Wick Hall, we now want to make the exterior as welcoming, accessible and viable as possible for the long term. This 2nd and final phase of improvements to the hall includes:
- Replace the old and broken front doors with new, secure and attractive bespoke entrance doors that make the Hall welcoming and friendly.
- Completely renovate the car park (with proper drainage) so that it is flat, safe and usable as an outdoor space.
- Introduce visible and attractive signs that connect Wick Hall and the Church, show to the community that there's a lively church meeting in both spaces and invites them to all that's happening.
- Replace the old roof to stop the leaks, improve heat retention and safeguard the hall for future generations of worship, mission, ministry and building community.
The total cost of this work is around £90,000. Of that we have been able to allocate £55,000 from excess amounts (above our reserves) in the Church and Hall accounts, and through grants. That leaves a shortfall of around £35,000 which we prayerfully hope to raise through further grant applications and donations.
Is this something that you could consider giving towards? There's no pressure, and we know that for many people the last year has been difficult. So, please, only give if you can and what you can.
There are several ways to do this:
- Online through our website - www.allsaintswick.org.uk/
giving - click the green button and then from the 'To:' menu select 'Wick Hall: Roof, Welcome and Access'
- BACS Online Banking - Account name: The PCC of All Saints Church, Wick. Sort Code: 40 28 23. Account Number: 70649457
- Cheque - Made payable to 'The PCC of All Saints Church, Wick' and given to our Treasurer, Janis Myers at 40 Belloc Road, Wick, BN17 7EZ.
Please also inform Janis if you're making a donation, and if we are able to claim Gift Aid if you are a UK tax payer as this increases the gift by 25% at no cost to you.